Saturday, December 19, 2009

#28

#28 - In Bruges (2008)


Talk about a movie that took me by total surprise In Bruges is a hilarious movie about two hit men waiting around to get their next assignment. The movies two main characters Ray and Ken are played amazing by Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson, who were just great together. The movie really knew how to play for those dark comedy laughs, Ralph Fiennes really steals the entire movie in his small yet memorable role as Harry, the man in charge of everything. If you like Quentin Tarantino/ Guy Ritchie type films, In Bruges is right up your alley. You will be laughing but also praising the amazing acting going on. I cannot wait to see what the writer/director Martin McDonagh will do next. Movie currently sits at #185 on imdb's top 250 movies ever.

1 comment:

Colonel Mortimer said...

I don't go on the internet for four days and you got a nice little countdown going. I really like In Bruges, and after my second viewing it became my favorite film of 2008. I think it has a deeper resonance then any of the Tarantino-esque hitmen comedies that rose to prominence after Reservoir Dogs.

And Colin Farrel gives a great performance! Huzzah on a nice pick