Tuesday, December 22, 2009

#17

#17 - Memento (2000)
Memento is a great piece of film making, really showing the audience something they have not seen before. The movie is about Leonard (Guy Pearce) who can no longer build new memories, so he tattoos notes on himself or leave pictures around reminding him what he was doing before he forgets. The movie was directed by Christopher Nolan who is currently one of my favorite directors, has he done a bad movie? I will admit I have only seen this movie once, but it still stuck with me after that one viewing. The movie really keeps you guessing at will happen. It was nominated for two Oscars for Best Editing and Best Writing. If you want to see some great directing see Memento.

4 comments:

Colonel Mortimer said...

dI actually think this film is not the gimmick film some of its detractors claim and actually improves on a second viewing, when you know the twist, it then becomes the tale of a man's sad desperate desire to hide from his own culpability and the lengths he goes to keep his wife's memory alive.

Another Nolan film, The Prestige resonates better upon a second viewing as well, I actually went from a B- to an A- after seeing it again.

Mummbles said...

can you bring it (Memento) when you come visit? I would love to see it again.

Colonel Mortimer said...

I'll try to remember to bring it with me, maybe I should tattoo it on my chest

Wesley said...

lol @ Kevin's last comment... I was glued to my chair when I was watching this movie. Take one step away and you will be lost. Heck, some people watched all the way through and were still lost.