I just got wind of this great, fantastic, awesome cast for The Expendables and I thought now that sounds like an action flick I would sit back and make up as a kid. I cant say I know much about the movie besides this small paragraph I found on imdb. It says:
"After years of coruption , murder of american hostages and betrayal of foreign policies, The US with the help of other Nations secretly put together a squad of its most trained millitary personal to finaly over throw the dictator who has caused devastation in South America for over 20 years. The team sets out on its mission to complete the assasination but with little help from the nations as they try to keep the mission secret. After they realize that there will be no outside help they rely on their own sources to fight not only the dictator's army but also the Governments that set them up."
- First off the movie not only stars but is directed by Sylvester Stallone. Stallone was once again in top form in Rambo which he also directed. If this movie is anything like that one the action will be mind blowingly gory.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger has some sort of role in the movie, I don't know about you but I have been wanting to see an Arnold and Stallone team up since I was a kid. Not sure if it happens in this movie but its cool they are both even in the same movie. It is said Arnolds role is more of a cameo which could lead to bigger roles in sequels.
- Mickey Rourke is also in the movie fresh off his oscar nominated role in The Wrestler. If he can bring anything from that movie and his role as Marv in Sin City we are in for a treat, just imagine him kicking ass next to these guys.
- Jason Statham, fuck man this list gets crazier! We now have the Transporter himself in this movie! He is like the go to bad ass guy of the 2000's it will be cool to see him kicking ass with the old school guys.
- Dolph Lundgren, speaking of old school. You even get some Dolph! The classic Russian badass is teaming up with Stallone since they made Rocky IV.
- Jet Li also has a role in the movie and adds some martial arts to all the muscle.
- The movie also is said to have Terry Crews, Danny Trejo, and Eric Roberts in various roles.
This movie sounds like it could be the best shit ever for action fans. The funny thing is the cast who turned down roles or couldn't be in the movie, I found this list of actors who were offered roles but couldnt be in the movie for one reason or another.
Jean Claude Van Damme
I would have loved to see JCVD in the movie, teamming back up with Dolph again in some form would be cool. Anyway I am really stoked for this movie and all that it hopefully can be.