Sunday, December 20, 2009

#26

#26- Star Trek (2009)

I know it only came out last May but dammit this was one amazingly well done film. I was never a huge Star Trek fan before this movie but now I am exploring putting Trek before Wars. This movie needed to reach out to the old fans and also pull in new fans alike, and I think mastermind J.J. Abrams did just that. The characters we know and love are all here and this movie just kicks some major ass. The first scene alone has such scope and drama, the movie sucked me in from the start. Chris Pine as Kirk and Zachary Quinto as Spock were both great choices. Pine is charismatic, reckless, and headstrong as Kirk and Quinto's Spock is smart and conflicted. The supporting cast also is amazing and provides comic relief as well as adding a lot to the film. I am a huge fan of this movie and cannot wait to see the direction this series continue to go in.

1 comment:

Colonel Mortimer said...

Props for including movies from 2009 I say! Too many times they get shafted on these Best of Decade lists.