Wednesday, December 23, 2009

#11

#11 - Lost In Translation (2003) The story of two people bored and stuck in Tokyo is the story of Lost In Translation. Bill Murray plays Bob Harris, an actor who is bored with his life and feels a tad empty. Scarlett Johansson is Charloette, she is in Tokyo with her husband who is working. The two hit it off and go on many adventures through Tokyo and become close friends. The friends go through many fun experiences but also realize that it will not last forever...This movie was director Sophia Coppola masterpiece. The acting by Murray and Johansson was really moving, you feel that these people are really getting close and the ending is still on the great mysteries, what did he whisper? That is up to the viewer to decide. The film won best orginial screenplay, and Murray was nomiated for Actor in a leading role. It was also up for Best Picture and Director.

3 comments:

Wesley said...

I'm not surprised this is your 11 and have nothing against your opinions... but this is my first "really?" in your top 30... but hey, pretty good that I made it this far, huh?

Colonel Mortimer said...

Okay, I am going to try to take a stab in the dark and see if I cannot figure out your Top 10 based on movies I think you like but are not on your list yet, The Squeakel being disqualified.

10. Donnie Darko (I think you like this one, I actually was going to put Superbad here but saw that you list it in your Honorable Mentions, maybe Knocked Up or Sarah Marshall here)

9. Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith (you old Trekkie, er Warrie you)

8. Eternal Sunshine for the Spotless Mind (maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part)

7. The Bourne trilogy (you like the action and these were the best action vehicles of the decade)

6. The 40 Year Old Virgin (I know Appatow makes an appearance somewhere for you in the Top 10)

5. The Royal Tenenbaums (again maybe wishful thinking, but I remember you liking this when we saw it)

4. Kill Bill (vol 1 and 2 combined)

3. Garden State (not a favorite of mine, but I know this really spoke to you)

2. The Dark Knight (this might be number 1 now, not sure)

1. Lord of the Rings trilogy (you like quality epic filmmaking, this was pretty much the apex in that genre)

Okay, don't tell me in advance, I am curious how close or far I am...

Mummbles said...

Kevin you will and wont see some of those coming up lol.