Sunday, December 20, 2009

#27

#27 - Shaun of the Dead (2004)

Besides having a great named leading character Shaun of the Dead is a great homage to the Romero zombie movie of old yet also throws in a bunch of comedy to keep it fresh and original. For many of us in the U.S. it was the first time seeing the comic duo of Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. The guys are a great comedy team who's relationship is hysterical and teeters on homophobia throughout the film. The director of Shaun is Edgar Wright who also went on to direct the comic duo again in Hot Fuzz, which I also highly recommend you watch. If you like zombie movies that do not take themselves seriously at all you cant beat this cult and fan favorite. I will admit it took me a few viewings to really warm up to the film. I enjoyed it but the repeat viewings have made it all the more reason it made my list. Also is #230 film all time on imdb (out of 250).

No comments: