I did this last year, and will try to continue the trend this year. Week 1 always is hard to gauge who was really good or who was just really pumped up and had home field advantage. Week 1 was full of intrigue, injuries, and controversial calls. Here you go:
1. New Orleans Saints - You win the Superbowl and come back on prime time and beat a good Vikings team, you get to stay on top.
2. Baltimore Ravens - They like the Saints played a good team (Jets, home opener) and showed that their defense is still tops in the league.
3. New England Patriots - Was Wes Welker really injured? And when did Randy Moss become a San Francisco Giants fan, does this mean he would like to be a 49er?
4. Green Bay Packers - They went into Philly and beat them down, taking out Kevin Kolb in the process. Interesting to see how they will do without Ryan Grant for the year.
5. Indianapolis Colts - They appear to have no run defense, and they lost Bob Sanders (the heart of the D) for a period of time. But Manning is still on this team and passed for over 400 yards. I would not count them out yet.
6. Houston Texans - Arian Foster had his welcome to the NFL game, rushing for 230 yards agianst a pretty good Colts team. I think how they play this week will really show if they are for real or just a team who was stoked and at home last week.
7. New York Jets - I can understand losing to a good Ravens team, but I was watching the game wondering why they we're going with LT so much. Sanchez looked terrible and I foresee this being a season wide issue for them. At least the D looked really good.
8. Minnestoa Vikings - Favre, Favre, Favre, Favre, Favre, Favre, Favre,what else is there to say? Oh yeah they played okay in losing to the defending super bowl champs.
9. Dallas Cowboys - Another team who's offense didn't score much in the first week. I believe a lot of these losses were because the other team had home field advantage. They had a chance to tie the game on the last play as well. I think they will be okay.
10. Pittsburgh Steelers - They handled it on the defensive side, holding a good Atlanta team to 9 points. I think if they can keep up the good D, they will hold onto some games until Big Ben returns.
11. Tennessee Titans - Titans had a good game in their season home opener, oh, they were playing the Raiders.
12. San Diego Chargers - Chargers got out hustled by a younger and faster Chiefs team. I think all of the hold outs will make this a tough year for Phillip Rivers.
13. Atlanta Falcons - My surprise pick for the Superbowl did not look very....super. But they did start the year against a tough Steelers team and had the game tied going into OT.
14. Washington Redskins - I am not quite sure how they did it, but having Mike Shanahan as your coach will mean some wins you didn't get last season. The road to 8-8 starts at 1-0.
15. New York (football) Giants - They sure can score, and I saw some of this game on TV. I think the Giants could be a surprise team. They have much talent on both sides of the ball.
16. Miami Dolphins - Dolphins won a in an ugly, low scoring game @Buffalo. This team is another team who could push for a playoff spot, I look forward to seeing how they play this week @ Minnesota. If they win that game, watch out!
17. Philadelphia Eagles - Losing the new face of your team early on was crushing, good thing they had a nice back up in Michael Vick. I hope Kolb comes back soon, as he is my starting QB in one of my fantasy teams. They have Detroit up next, so I think they will get a W.
18. Cincinatti Bengals - Good news, you scored 24 points against a good New England team. Bad news, you let up 38 points. Best news, Ochocinco and TO got their catches and will not complain. Even more bad news, you get your home opener vs. Baltimore
19. Kansas City Chiefs - I pat myself on the back for picking this team to win against the Chargers. They have a lot of young talent and I think they are going to win some games this year. And its possible they can go 2-0, playing the Browns next.
20. Seattle Seahawks - Is Pete Carroll for real? They sure looked good in beating a 49ers team that had all the hype going in. They have the best home field advantage in terms of annoying fans in the NFL.
21. Arizona Cardinals - Bye bye Kurt Warner and hello Derek Anderson. I was looking for Matt Lienart, WTF he is on the Houston Texans?
22. Chicago Bears - They held on for a win (?) against the Lions, not really how you want to start the season. Word is that Matt Forte is the new Marshall Faulk.
23. Jacksonville Jaguars - What you most likely did not hear this week: David Gerrard went 16-21 passing, for 170 yards and 3 td's. Can they keep it up? We will see this week against a upset Chargers team.
24. Detroit Lions - They appeared to win a game in dramatic fashion , but the NFL rule book had something else to say about that. Shaun Hill is now the QB, he just wins games.
25. Carolina Panthers - They had the lead at halftime against the Giants, and then Matt Moore started to throw interceptions in the red zone. The count down to Jimmy Clausen has offically begun.
26. San Francisco 49ers - It's only one loss? A terrible soul crushing loss for any 49ers fan to watch. They had all the optimism going into the season that this was the year they would finally make the playoffs. And then they just look ugly. They couldn't block, couldn't run, couldn't pass, couldn't stop an average Seahawks team from scoring. Worst of all their is now talks of disarray between coaches and players, blaming each other. Hold on 49er fans, this could be a long season.
27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - I was thinking that the Bucs would be the worst team in the league, shows what I know! Josh Freeman gives this team some hope. Of course it was nice that they got to play the Browns.
28. Denver Broncos - Broncos suffered a close loss in Jacksonville. I am wondering how many losses until the talk for starting Tebow starts...
29. Buffalo Bills - They had a small chance to win against a good Dolphins team. This team seems like a place were good college players go to die.
30. Oakland Raiders - I believe the best chance this team has to win games lies in back up QB Bruce Gradkowski. He is in the vain of Jeff Garcia, a guy who wins but does it in a different style. Darren McFadden finally appears to get it going.
31. St. Louis Rams - Sam Bradford gives the team hope, and they hung around with the Cardinals all the way up until the end of the game.
32. Cleveland Browns - I likde that TD catch by Mohamed Massaquoi, that is all.
Ps- This takes a while to do, so please leave good comments and make this worth my time.