I stress the term "New" as in New Orleans Saints proving that they alone reign supreme over this weeks rankings:
1. New Orleans Saints (5-0) - What else can you say? They took out my #1 ranked team and prove that they could beat out good teams again and again. Drew Brees sure can pass that ball, early MVP much?
2. Minnesota Vikings (6-0) - Sure they have had some close heart attack games, I give Favre props for saying they shouldn't have beaten the 49ers! But seriously this team is stacked with talent and they beat a good Ravens team.
3. Indianapolis Colts (5-0) - They had a bye week, and with St Louis up next they are sure to be 6-0, cant wait for Mannings fantasy stats for my team.
4. Denver Broncos (6-0) - Officially consider me a true believer! Those awesome uniforms they wear seem to have done the trick! Actually I don't mind the circa 80's padres-ish unis, its more the socks that are just terrible. They beat the Chargers on the road, what cant this team do?
5. New York Giants (5-1) - They finally suffered a loss yet it was on the road against the Saints. They also did still score 27 points. I am wondering about the RB situation, is Bradshaw the starter now?
6. New England Patriots (4-2) - 59-0, Tom Brady throws 6 TD passes (5 in the second quarter alone) heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees baaaaaaaack! Love those red throwback unis!
7. Atlanta Falcons (4-1) - Nice win over the Bears puts the up and coming Falcons up a notch. Matt Ryan looks like the best early QB drafted in many years and the D has proven itself. When do they play the Saints? That will be a good game.
8. Pittsburgh Steelers (4-2) - I continue to not be impressed with this team. Wow you can handle the Browns at home 27-14, the Browns previous high scoring game was 2o. Something seems off about this team. Alas a win is a win and getting Polamalu back should help.
9. Cincinnati Bengals (4-2) - They let the Texans come into their house and tear up their D, who also lost top pass rusher Antwan Odom for the year. We will see if this team can keep its surprise run going. Up next: Chicago, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh.
10. Baltimore Ravens (3-3) - What happened guys? You were sitting at 3-0 and how its 3 losses in a row! Ah you played the Patriots, Bengals, and Vikings? Ok I will cut you guys some slack, but did you guys used to have a good secondary?
11. Chicago Bears (3-2) - Matt Forte never fumbles, right? The game they played was one of those crazy games but his two fumbles, in a row on the goal line but the dagger in the heart of Bears fans everywhere.
12. New York Jets (3-3) - If you were to tell me Thomas Jones and Leon Washington would combine to run for 309 yards against the Bills I would say automatic win! Not the case, Sanchez ended up throwing 5 Ints and they couldn't even attempt a game winning field goal because of a bad snap.
13. Philadelphia Eagles (3-2) - Really? You lost to the Raiders 13-9 and couldn't even score one touchdown. At least the Phillies are winning. But I don't think anyone could see them losing to the Raiders, a huge step back.
14. Arizona Cardinals (3-2) - Now tied for first in the NFC West. They laid a smack down in Seattle with an impressive 27-3 win , limiting Hasselback and co. to a total of 128 yards...yes TOTAL! Look out the are on a roll.
15. San Francisco 49ers (3-2) - They were on a bye week and are going to show off Michael Crabtree next week in a limited roll. They can use him and getting Frank Gore back should prove even more helpful. If they don't get back on their winning ways it could start to be a trend, one this writer doesn't wish to see.
16. Dallas Cowboys (3-2) - They also had a bye week and will come back and play Atlanta, I am still not sold on a team who needed a miracle catch to beat the Chiefs.
17. Green Bay Packers (3-2) - Yes, they did beat Detroit at home....no big deal. The team still is stacked with talent and could easily make a surprise run at any time. That Aaron Rodgers guy is alright too.
18. Houston Texans (3-3) - Went into Cincinnati and put up a nice 28 points. There offense and Schaub keep proving that are for real, yet I still think they will be a .500 team.
19. Miami Dolphins (2-3) - Had a bye week. Next up they take on the #1 ranked Saints. Lets see if the offense can continue to put up the numbers they have been (38and 31 points in the last two games).
20. San Diego Chargers (2-3) - There are some quality teams ranked low on this list, I would say San Diego is a team who could easily move up when they start winning some games or dump their head coach.
21. Jacksonville Jaguars (3-3) - They had to go to the brink against St Louis at home just to beat them, sorry you are moving down! Jones-Drew continues to show he can man handle bad teams.
22. Carolina Panthers (2-3) - A couple of wins has shown that the Panthers are not totally dead. They had 322 total yards, Delhomme's passing total was 65 yards. They can do some serious running, but beating the win less Bucs 28-21 doesn't prove all that much now.
23. Buffalo Bills (2-4) - Owens still playing there? Anyone care? They did beat the Jets, in a game that no one wanted to win.
24. Washington Redskins (2-4) - Another team who no one can figure out, and not in a good way. I predict there head coach will be fired after next week. Benching Jason Campbell is not going to solve everything.
25. Seattle Seahawks (2-4) - Can you say inconsistent much? A week after they beat the Jags 41-0 at home they lose 27-3 at home, ugh. This team will be one of those teams who can never predict how they will do.
26. Oakland Raiders (2-4) - I am sorry but how the fuck did they do that?
27. Kansas City Chiefs (1-5) - They got their first win of the season AND they didn't even need to score a touchdown to do so, how does one score 14 without a td? Four Ryan Succop field goals and a safety, awesome.
28. Detroit Lions (1-5) - After some impressive play they were shutout in Green Bay of course that was without #1 Wr and QB. When Dennis Northcut is your new #1 WR you gots some problems.
29. Cleveland Browns (1-5) - They scored 14 against Pittsburgh, that's something. Yahoo had Lawrence Vickers as Clevelands star of the game...he had 1 catch for 1 yard and a TD.
30. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-6) - Is John Gruden happy he was let go just in time? This team should never have been this bad. They should just throw on those old unis if they are not going to win. Its nice to see Cadillac Williams running like he did in the past.
31. Tennesse Titans (0-6) - I never thought they would be this bad, this is just a disappointing state. They got creamed 59-0, not sure I need say much else.
32. St Louis Rams (0-6) - They did push the Jags to have to win with a field goal in overtime. They have now lost 16 games dating back to last season and some are saying if they don't beat the Lions they may go winless.