Lots of bye weeks and some lopsided scores made this an interesting week. 31-3, 37-7, 42-6, 45-10, 38-0, 35-7 were some of the final scores coming out of this weekend. At least the Titans had a bye week to forget their 59-0 loss.
1. New Orleans Saints (6-0) Had an amazing game in Miami coming back from being down 24-3 to win 46-34. The only suspect thing about the team is the Defense yet they make up for it with many turnovers for scores. Darren Sharper already has 6 interceptions at 3 touchdowns, this is through six games!
2. Pittsburgh Steelers (5-2) I had my doubts about this team, still have some yet they continue to win and this time they beat a good opponent. The D seems to be back, and they were the major catalyst for the 27-17 win over Minnesota, handing the Vikings their first loss of the season.
3. Denver Broncos (6-0) They had a bye week, and remain undefeated. Did anyone else notice that Kyle Orton has a career winning perfecantge of .667, better than Peyton Manning.
4. New Englad Patriots (5-2) Had a long flight to London to beat down on the poor Buccaneers. I am not sure wthy the Bucs thought playing the Patriots on netural turf was a good idea.
5. Indianapolis Colts (6-0) Had a bye week, oh wait they played the Rams...is there a difference? Colts are loving playing the NFC West this year me thinks.
6. Minnesota Vikings (6-1) They are now in loss column, too many turnovers that lead to long Pittsburgh Td's, I know offense players cant tackle but they should work on it.
7. New York Giants (5-2) Two losses in a row have some people in NY wondering whats wrong? They were pretty competitive in this game but 3 picks by Manning and a late costly fumble proved too much to overcome.
8. Cincinati Bengals (5-2) I am not sure anyone could have seen this smack down coming. Well, possibly in Cedric Benson's dreams! The former disgruntled Bear is having a career year and his new team creamed the Bears 45-10.
9. Arizona Cardinals (5-2) They are back, the road win over the Giants was a surprise but they have all those weapons and new RB Beanie Wells is showing he could be something special. They are also now in sole possesion of first place in the West.
10. New York Jets (4-3) Played the Raiders and just dominated them 38-0, This team sure can run, they had 316 yards rushing! Glad Thomas Jones is on my fantasy team.
11. Dallas Cowboys (4-2) They handled a good Atlanta team at home and seemingly have found a new #1 WR in one Miles Austin.
12. Atlanta Falcons (4-2) Their defense came back to life and let the Cowboys pass all over it, they lost 37-21 to the Cowboys but they can make a statement in their next game vs. Saints.
13. Philadeplphia Eagles (4-2) Beat the futile Redskins without Brian Westbrook, DeSean Jackson lead the team with 67 yards rushing on one carry.
14. Green Bay Packers (4-2) I think they enjoyed playing the Lions and Browns for consecutive weeks, alas the next game will not be so easy. A certain someone is coming back to town...
15. Baltimore Ravens (3-3) They had a bye week to figure out why they can no longer stop the other team from scoring, lets hope that worked next game is vs. (undfeated) Denver.
16. San Diego Chargers (3-3) Chargers really enjoy playing most teams in the AFC West, sans the Broncos. They beat the Chiefs 37-7 and now get to play the Raiders next.
17. Houston Texans (4-3) Had a nice win to go over .500. They really dominated the 49ers in the first half of the game and scored just enough to prevent a come back by the 49ers.
18. San Francisco 49ers (3-3) Welcome back Alex Smith. Maybe all that time off will make you play like a new man? It couldn't hurt, Smith lead a passing barrage agaisnt the Texans after the half, leading the almost comeback victory (They fell short 24-21). He now has a new weapon in Michael Crabtree who was impressive in his first game since whatever bowl he played in with Texas Tech last year.
19. Chicago Bears (3-3) Laid an egg agaisnt the Bengals. The once dominant defense was nowhere to be seen.
20. Miami Dolphins (2-4) Had a meltdown game agaisnt the Saints, being up by three td's and could not hold the lead. Once again this team can score but they were a better defensive team last year. Ricky WIlliams did a good Cedric Benson impression by putting up good number against his old team, but it wasn't enough.
21. Jacksonville Jaguars (3-3) They were on a bye week and play @Tennessee next Sunday.
22. Buffalo Bills (3-4) Ryan Fitzpatrick lead Bills beat the Panthers 20-9, this game was on my local station and even I passed from watching it. But thats a couple wins in a row for the surging Bills.
23. Seattle Seahawks (2-4) Another team on a bye week, Matt Hasselbeck didnt get injuried this week at the least.
24. Washington Redskins (2-5) They just look like they don't have any real fight in them, their coach is staying but why?
25. Carolina Panthers (2-4) AJ Feeley is chomping at the bit to start soon and why the QB play is not the only problem Delhommme threw three more interceptions this week.
26. Detroit Lions (1-5) Had a bye week, they needed it with Satffor and Calvin Johnson nursing injuries.
27. Kansas City Chiefs (1-6) Not sure if anyone saw that play when Chargers QB Phillip Rivers had roughly 23 minutes to pass the ball, but it was a joke.
28. Tennesse Titans (0-6) They couldnt lose this week, it was a bye week.
29. Oakland Raiders (2-5) They finally benched the ineffective JaMarcus Russell but nothing really helped when you lose 38-0, at home.
30. Cleveland Browns (1-6) Scored only 3 points to the Green Bay defense and this team seems to have no idea what they really want to do with the ball.
31. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-6) Had a beat down, but at least none of their fans were they seeing as how the game was in London. I hear the rookie Josh Freeman may be starting from now on out, what else do they have to lose?
32. St Louis Rams (0-7) This weekend vs the Lions could be their last and best hope for win this year. WOW they had lost 17 games in a row dating back to least season....17!