If your team starts with New you are doing well. I watched a lot of football this weekend to up my skills for the column. Once again this is just one man's opinions. Enjoy. The teams previous ranking will be displayed now.
1. New York Giants 3-0 (3) - Giants D shut out the Bucs in Tampa. They don't have a true #1 WR but no one seems to notice or care. Manning is spreading around the ball and they have a great one-two RB system with Jacobs and Bradshaw. They haven't played anyone great yet, but they still come in at #1 for me.
2. New England Patriots 2-1 (10) - Patriots beat out good Atlanta team 26-10 at home. Is Fred Taylor the feature back now? The team still has a lot of questions but they still just win. Should be a good test coming up at home vs. Baltimore.
3. New York Jets 3-0 (6) - Jets keep proving that they can win. The really remind me of last years Ravens team. Ravens ran, had a rookie QB, and a great D, hmmmm sound like the Jets? They were down against Tennessee and came back for a win. SO far they have played the hardest teams. Great game coming up against New Orleans. What wins out Jets D or Saints O?
4. Baltimore Ravens 3-0 (9) - Ravens beat up on the Browns to a tune of 34-3. When did this team get an amazing offense!? Could be a surprise (yet way early) AFC champs. Next week @ Patriots will show us how far they really have come.
5. Minnesota Vikings 3-0 (1) - Took a miracle last second catch to beat a 49ers team that was minus Frank Gore, yet they did win. Favre looked pretty weak unless you count his masterful skill at throwing 2 yards and having his teammate make it a big play. Watching them this week made me less impressed. Up next at home vs. Green Bay. Hey didn't Favre used to play for them?
6. New Orleans Saints 3-0 (2) - They drop with a win because why they beat a pretty good team on the road, the offense stalled a tad. Pierre Thomas showed he was still a RB and had a monster game. The D was pretty impressive and if they handle the Jets next week they are sure to be higher on the next list.
7. Indianapolis Colts 3-0 (4) - Peyton Manning and company go into Arizona and just crushed the Cardinals. There defense was getting to Warner on just about every play. Any team that has Peyton Manning is sure to be pretty good.
8. Philadelphia Eagles 2-1 (7) - Getting a win against Kansas City wasn't huge but a much needed win. They team was without McNabb and Westbrook yet still put up 34 points. An early bye week coming up could be just what the doctor ordered.
9. San Francisco 49ers 2-1 (11) - Excuses can be made for that last second loss, but it happened. Something tells me the 49ers will go against Singeltary's wishes and use this one as a moral victory. If they could just get a tad better on offense...look out. Should bounce back (even without Gore) next week at home vs. St Louis.
10. San Diego Chargers 2-1 (12) - Nice win at home over the Dolphins. Something tells me if this team can put it all together they could be really good.
11. Atlanta Falcons 2-1 (5) - Big drop here, they didn't hang with the Pats as long as I thought. They are still a good team. They have a bye week then visit San Francisco.
12. Chicago Bears 2-1 (15) - Nice road win for Cutler and the Bears. Having to travel all the way to Seattle and beat the Seahawks in a close game feels pretty good.
13. Denver Broncos 3-0 (14) - You beat the Raiders you only get to move up one spot, its the rules! But there D is still holding up. Have only given up 16 points the entire year!
14. Cincinnati Bengals 2-1 (22) - Huge jump up for the Bengals! Way to go! You guys beat the Steelers at home, not bad guys! I was pretty shocked that they won. If you take away the one play this team is 3-0, wow.
15. Pittsburgh Steelers 1-2 (8) - A last second loss on the road drops them quite a bit. Never thought they would have a losing record this year...but stranger things have happened. It doesn't get easier with the Chargers coming into town next weekend. They still have too much talent to be bad for long.
16. Dallas Cowboys 2-1 (16) - No move this week Cowboys. You beat the Panthers at home but it wasn't pretty. Romo looks average so far.
17. Green Bay Packers 2-1 (18) - At least you guys could beat the Rams! I have a feeling they will be one of those teams that makes most games close every week. They can beat up on their former legend QB next game.
18. Buffalo Bills 1-2 (13) - The offense couldn't get much going against the Saints vaunted D, oh wait nevermind. Did TO complain yet? Come on, we all know it will happen.
19. Jacksonville Jaguars 1-2 (27) - They had a close, high scoring victory, over the Texans this week. Next up they play Tennessee, it should show a better measure of their skills.
20. Houston Texans 1-2 (20) - This team still scores a lot, Matt Schaub can put up some good numbers. Oh yeah that D? Giving up an average of 28 points a game. Might need to address that.
21. Tennessee Titans 0-3 (21) - Suffered a tough loss on the road vs a good Jets team. I am still not sure how they can be 0-3. I still think they will bounce back. Does Collins need to be benched in favor of the younger Young?
22. Arizona Cardinals 1-2 (17) - Were those fans in Arizona wanting Mr. Leinart to play? Is Warner looking as old as he should? Didn't they have an offense line last year?
23. Detroit Lions 1-2 (30) - THEY WON!!! I wouldn't say it was the best win ever, but a win is a win especially when you didn't win at all last year. Good job Lions. I think they might at least win a few more this year.
24. Seattle Seahawks 1-2 (24) - Those jerseys! Oh my god, I thought the tv was off when I saw those. They were two missed field goals away from having a tie. Maybe those jerseys screwed up Mare, who was called out by his coach on national television. Did I mention the jerseys???
25. Miami Dolphins 0-3 (23) - I just heard they lost Chad Pennington for the year. They still have some talent but something tells me they won't be coming close to last years record.
26. Washington Redskins 1-2 (19) You drop when you lose to the Lions, that's just the way it goes. I didn't know things were going this bad in Washington. Playing the Bucs next week will get them back on track for 8-8, I can feel it.
27. Carolina Panthers 0-3 (25) - This was the team that won 12 games last year? They scored just one TD against the Cowboys D. I did see AJ Feely roaming the sidelines, I would look into that.
28. Oakland Raiders 1-2 (26) - I was looking to place them lower after a beating by the Broncos, but the teams below them are much worse off. So you got that going for you Raider fans! Russell has a 22.9 QB rating, I think if I went out there a threw an incomplete pass I would have a higher ranking. Think they should have held onto Jeff Garcia?
29. Kansas City Chiefs 0-3 (28) - Matt Cassell, this isn't New England. I feel scared for them next week vs. NY Giants.
30. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 0-3 (29) - Well you got shut out at home against the Giants. I cant find any positives, I tried.
31. St Louis Rams 0-3 (32) - Good job Rams! No longer the worst team in my rankings and you more then doubled your total points on the year from 7 to 24! Holy cow! Marc Bulger got banged up and Kyle Boller came in and threw two touchdowns.
32. Cleveland Browns 0-3 (31) - True they have played some good teams...Vikings, Denver, and Baltimore who are all 3-0. I would cut them some slack but they seem to lack any direction. They bench Brady Quinn so Derek Anderson comes in and throws 3 INT. I say go with the 3rd string QB Brett Ratliff.