Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloween III: Season Of The Witch


Just watched some Halloween 3: Season of the Witch and the movie is damn entertaining. I thought it was complete garbage at first because it had nothing to do with Michael Myers (well they do show two clips of the orginal Halloween on TV during the movie) but after seeing it a few times the movie is cool and still stands up to this day. I could see this working well in one of those Tales From the Crypt episodes but its cool to see it be a longer movie instead. The plan by John Carpenter was to make a new "Halloween" movie each year, each telling a different Halloween-related story. After this movie failed at the box office, the film-makers decided to bring Michael back to life for future sequels. I even just noticed the tag line on the poster which reads "The night no one comes home." Which is very similar to the orginal Halloween tagline "The night he came home", so I guess they maybe tried to fool some people into thinking it had some similarities to the first two films?

Check out a great re-creation of the Silver Shamrock Theme, if you see the movie once this song will stay with for a long time!

The womanizing lead Dr. Daniel 'Dan' Challis played by the awesome Tom Atkins steals the show as a doctor who has nothing better to do then to track down the murder of a patient he knew for an hour or so. The plot makes you say, what the fuck? But when it is all said and done the movie is very fun and something I will try to watch when Halloween comes around, it is B movie greatness and better then most of the shit that is out there today. I guess people call it one of the worst movies ever because of the let down after the first 2 Halloween films, I can understand why people were let down or thought this movie sucks. I would have to ask them if they ever sat down and watched it all the way through. I am not saying it is a great piece of art but it is what it is, and thats pure enjoyment and entertainment! Here is the orginal (and somewhat rare) trailer:

2 comments:

Colonel Mortimer said...

I watched it again last night, I think for the first time not edited for TV and widescreen. It's great, my second favorite Halloween film! Rob Zombie's remake being first, of course. Ahem.

Seeing it on DVD I realized it's a nicely shot film and while the plot is a little nonsenical, the filmmakers obviously didn't take themselves too seriously and Tom Atkins rules!

slasherflix said...

ATKINS!! And im not talking about the diet. funny???