Thursday, April 7, 2011

Upcoming Music

I am not going to tell you how to spend you money on music, I am by no means one of these people who think you should only listen to one type of music and all else sucks. But I have noticed that 2011 is shaping up to have some great releases of music that I am into so I wanted to share on my blog some upcoming releases that have me excited.

Beastie Boys - The Hot Sauce Committee Part 2

I wasn't even aware there was a Hot Sauce Committee Part 1, but on May 3rd you can get your hands on the newest album from one of my all time favorite groups. The last album I am aware they released was called The Mix Up, an all instrumental album which was out in 2007. This makes the Hot Sauce Committee their first album in 4 years. So far I love what I have heard on this track entitled Make Some Noise, below you can check out the new song.




I was also on the site earlier and saw this video with some amazing comedic talents of today. I am not sure what it is but it seems as if it will lead to a longer version, cannot wait to see what they can do with this.



Death Cab For Cutie - Codes and Keys

I have been into DCFC since I heard Plans and I really enjoyed their last couple of albums (Narrow Stairs and The Open Door (EP)). They are one of my current favorite bands who mix great vocals with the rock I so love. So when I heard they were releasing a new album I was stoked. I nervously listened to their new single, hoping it would live up to the previous works and I was happy to say it sounds good and the band is only getting better. Check out the video for their new single You Are A Tourist (which they are saying is the first live, scripted, one take music video ever made) off Codes and Keys, in stores everywhere May 31st!




Foo Fighters - Wasting Light


I have always been a fan of the Foo Fights music but to be honest the last few albums were not my cup of tea. I think Dave Grohl is a huge talent and I most likely always stick by him because of his talent and link to Nirvana. Foo Fighters new album was getting a good buzz and I heard that it returned to more of the hard rock that I liked in the past. April 12 you can get their new album, Wasting Light. I check out their web site the other day was glad to see they had the entire album for preview and I really liked what I heard. Here is one of the songs that will be appearing on Wasting Light:


Lonely Island - Turtleneck & Chain

What can I say, I really like some comedy in my music and The Lonely Island happens to be the best at it nowadays. A lot of the Lonely Island's music has already been aired on Saturday Night Live, just like the last album with Dick In A Box, Lazy Sunday, and I'm On A Boat. I cannot wait to see what else the guys have in store that hasn't been shown on SNL already. On May 10 you can get their newest album, Turtleneck & Chain, I recommend you get it with the DVD as well, it has all the videos that have already been recorded. Score! Here is one of the songs you most likely will not see on SNL, We're Back!



Airborne Toxic Event - All At Once


Airborne Toxic Event really came out of nowhere for me, we actually played their album when I was working at Barnes and Noble (we also did this with the last Beastie Boys album) and I really thought I was listening to something special. The band really seems to like each other and they do lots of different types of videos where they try to play music almost anywhere. They are a fun band and I really can feel emotion in Mikel Jollett's (the lead singer) vocals. I cannot wait to go out and get their new album All At Once, coming out this month (April 26). Check out the new single Changing in the video below and you can see what I mean about them liking to just be musicians and playing music.



Well those are just a few of the albums I am excited about, if you like some of what you see let me know and I can burn you the album or let me know what your looking forward too and we can talk music.

3 comments:

katie said...

hooray for new music!

Wesley said...

I'm still awaiting the new Red Carpet CD. lol...

I like finding rare CDs of bands that I like - the other day I found a rare CD by a band I like called Moth. I saw Moth open for Finch at the Cactus Club back in the day. (RIP Cactus Club - RIP Finch)....

That being said, I'm looking forward to the Airborne Toxic Event album as well and also Silverstein's next album on April 26th.

Mummbles said...

Wesley - sounds good, maybe you can play me some of the Moth album I do not think I ever heard of them.

Also found out Taking Back Sunday has a new album out June 28th!