My fellow blogger leopard13 over at his blog It Rains...You Get Wet has nominated me for a Liebster. The Liebster is a blogging award that has made it's way across the internets. While I do this blog just for fun and my own amusement I am honored that some people read and even leave me some nice comments. Since school starts up next week I figured I will give it a shot...here are the rules:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves
2. Answer the 11 questions the person giving you the award has asked you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you will be giving the award too.
4. Choose 11 people to award and send them a link to your post.
5. Go to their page and tell them.
6. No tag backs.
11 About Me
- I was born the same year that Alien, Mad Max, and Apocalypse Now were all released.
- I met my wife on an online dating service
- I do not like sushi
- I am lactose intolerant
- I am Gemini and have often been called a very good one
- One my only scripts was nominated for a small college award, and yes it was an honor just to be nominated.
- I just got married this past June
- Some of my all time favorite movies are: Jaws, Psycho, Once Upon A Time in the West, The Empire Strikes Back, The Dark Knight, and much more.
- I have only seen Schindler's List once and thought it was so well done and so sad that I haven't been able to watch it again.
- Even though I was born after Star Wars was released I have seen all the Star Wars movies in a movie theater.
- I am starting to think the 1970's was the best decade of films ever made
My answer to leopard13 questions:
- What is your favorite book about cinema (whichever book, covering any type of film genre)?
- What is your favorite piece of music or song (score or the needle-drop variety) used in a movie?
with the Jaws theme and the Psycho theme a close second
- What is your favorite foreign film (one made outside your country)?
- When watching a movie at home, what food stuff do you almost always have nearby?
I really do not eat much when watching movies at home, but I would say a soda! At the theater it is popcorn and soda with usually a candy of the M&M variety.
- Vincent Hanna or Neil McCauley?
Oh my, it has been some time since I watched Heat. Now you might make me go back and see it again. I love that movie though, so my cheap answer is: both!
- What movie cliche are you so tired of seeing?
I think mine would be the bumbling idiot villain. I always feel their needs to be a quality villain to make a movie work. See the Dark Knight and the Joker, Jaws and the Shark, Star Wars and Darth Vader, Frank from Once Upon A Time in the West, etc.. for how a villain should be portrayed. If the villain is of no threat then why should we worry about the hero being in peril.
- What is the scariest scene or image you ever saw on film (and it doesn't have to be from a horror film)?
Yeah still kinda scares me
- The Howling or An American Werewolf in London?
For me it is An American Werewolf in London, I really like some good humor in my movies and this had it all over. Plus the transformation scene is still an amazing work of art.
- Ever read the source book of a film adaptation that intrigued you, if so, what's your favorite?
Pretty much every comic book movie that has been made. I used to collect comic books but since have stopped. It is nice to see comic book movies getting so popular but it is hard to see how they change most of the hero's and villain's that I grew up seeing. I always pretty much always know the characters in the movies before even going to see the movies. I will always continue to love and try to keep up with comics in some form.
- Have you ever fast forwarded a movie, just to get to the good part?
I am trying to remember if I have even done this... but I think not. Movies should be seen from start to finish to be able to get the entire picture.
Here then, are the questions...
(Be as detailed or expansive as you would like)
(Be as detailed or expansive as you would like)
- What is your favorite comic book film?
- Star Wars trilogy or Lord of The Rings trilogy?
- What film are you most looking forward to in the next or upcoming years?
- What was the first movie that made you love movies?
- What sports movie do you like to watch again and again?
- If you could just watch one Spielberg movie for the rest of your life, which movie would you choose?
- Hitchcock or Tarantino?
- Post an image that most reminds you of film
- Freddy or Jason...?
- What is your favorite documentary?
- Have you ever met or have a story about a celebrity?
(if you can that would be great but no worries if you cannot)
Emily of A Devine Life
Cinema Du Meep of Cinema Du Meep
Colonel Mortimer of Colonel Mortimer Will Have His Revenge
Jeff of Dinner of With Max Jenke
Mr. Jeffrey of jdbrecords
slasherflix of OBSCURA
My Geekness is Awesome of My Geekness is Awesome
3 guys of 3guys1movie.com
Wesley of Wes Hofmann.com
Mike of Mike Krautter Photo: the blog
Carlos the Dwarf of TheHeroBlog.com